August Vacation Day 1 & 2
Oh wow.
Ok so didnt write a thing yesterday. I just came home from work, went to my psychiatrist.
I missed the Digital Dawn 2 reservation then. It opened at 8PM and that's literally when I fell asleep. When I came to, it was 3AM.
Or so I thought. (Foreshadowing is a literary device...)
Next day.
So I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home for some reason. The one where Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield shows up. Cadence AKA Muzak Efron showed up to watch it with me. And Rad Rax was also there for like 30 minutes.
Was fun! it's a fun movie. I am totally susceptible to nostalgia bait. I admit.
Then at around 12PM I departed to meet Reina AKA Light Snow Demo and her friend Chan AKA Now You'll Never. We met at Seoul Station and we walked for a bit, it was too busy in that station so we decided to head to Sinchon where the venue they'll be playing at was located.
We went there and Chan (who is an uproariously hilarious guy btw) recommended us a Vietnamese Noodle place so we ate lunch there. Not gonna lie? I didnt like the noodles. But I paid for them as well. I wanted to extend that courtesy.
Then we went to the live venue. There I met Eugene, who I can't remember the real name of! That's who I know him as. He briefly played guitar in my live band for like a few sessions in 2022 or 2023. 2023 I think. He reached out to me back then and I will always thank him for those memories, it was so fun.
Anyway this time he had a whole BAND with him! Xu On is the name. I'll get to them later when we get to the live show but yeah it was cool.
I mostly just sat there talking to Reina and Chan while greeting the other musicians.
Wapddi was there. PARANNOUL was there. And I like, talked to him. I talked to Parannoul. In person.
He was honestly so cute lol I dont know maybe I AM bisexual he was so short and adorable. And seemed very shy. I introduced myself fully expecting him to not recognise me but uh... he did. And he told me he's listened to like every MIDI Bunny album, and especially like the LP. Wow.
i don't even know what to say. It's so surreal. I literally went "WAIT REALLY???" and had him double check me which was probably quite rude.
but yeah I mean, i told him the stuff i've always wanted to tell him. He's the reason I kept going and made music. Etc.
I also introduced myself to Ahn Maru. She is a transgender electronic producer who... also recognised me! She told me she's always loved the cute furry MIDI Bunny characters and respected what I did. I told her I respected HER for being an out transgender woman in the indie scene and that queer artists like her inspire me a lot.
Also apparently she lives in the town right across where I live lol. She said we should hang out sometime.
Ok. The bands.
Light Snow Demo was first. I actually first knew her as Light Satby Dark.... but she changed her alias I think. Anyway she was phenomenal. Incredible singing voice, just amazing songwriting and lyrics... She played a few songs with just acoustic guitar then switched to some backing tracks/drum beats and played guitar to that. I love her a lot.
Uh, I have a huge crush on her I think.
Anyway.
Uh, next was Eeajak. He is an established artist who famously did the production work on Parannoul's After the Magic. He did a Bon Iver style set with just acoustic guitar and an auto-tune pedal. Really awesome soundscape.
Then it was Now You'll Never. Easily the CRAZIEST mother fucker I met today. He did a live sampling plunderphonics set that combined elements of Future Bass, Gugak and Industrial music. It was fucking awesome honestly. I loved it. He's a genius, I'm afraid.
Oh then the next band was Xu On. They opened with a Broken Teeth esque shoegaze number, which set the vibe perfectly. Then the next few songs were very reverby but not quite shoegazy indie ballad numbers that were very emotional in terms of vocals and very well written melodically. Honestly keep the eye out on these guys. Number one band that will blow up out of everyone I saw.
Next band was Navithum who I'm aware is another established artist/band. They did a kinda indie rock/breakcore fusion style thing.... except there was a LIVE DRUMMER playing all the fucking breakbeats. Holy shit. Badass.
After the show we went to get some dinner for the afterparty... At first Eugene wasn't sure if he could bring me along, because he had reserved all the seats for just the bands and their members, but apparently a few people didn't come so me and folks like Ahn Maru tagged along.
It was just fun talking to these guys about music and shit. It was so fun. I can't even contain all of it here.
Then we went to another place... after diner. The after-afterparty. We talked some more. Eeajak is a hilarious person and was way wilder and talkative than I kinda expected him to be from his music.
I'm afraid I kinda came across as a jerk sometimes, I put on this persona when I'm in a group setting with folks like this.
In the end Reina and Chan had to go to their hotel room which their other two friends who came to see them had reserved for them. I honestly low-key tried to see if I can come along, maybe sleep the night with them. I think I might have been a bit horny brained for Reina too. God that's so shitty of me. But they said 4 people was the limit for that room so yeah.
We parted ways, I came home. Oh yeah, I wore pants to Seoul Station but I switched to my denim skirt in there. Then I just switched it back on in front of my front door.
Ok I am deathly tired and I did not capture even half of the things that happened today but that should be all for now.
Oh. Funny thing. Ten Digital Dawn 2 tickets opened up while I checked on the way home on my cab. I got a ticket. The thing is, I had secured a vacation for 9/20, but then when I thought the tickets were sold out, I told the guy I was switching time slots with that I think I need to cancel it. Then now I need to cancel the cancellation which looks a bit shitty of me.
Well, he read my cancellation message but didnt reply so, maybe its ok to revert it? Lol. Anyway that's all for now.
Oh wow.
Ok so didnt write a thing yesterday. I just came home from work, went to my psychiatrist.
I missed the Digital Dawn 2 reservation then. It opened at 8PM and that's literally when I fell asleep. When I came to, it was 3AM.
Or so I thought. (Foreshadowing is a literary device...)
Next day.
So I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home for some reason. The one where Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield shows up. Cadence AKA Muzak Efron showed up to watch it with me. And Rad Rax was also there for like 30 minutes.
Was fun! it's a fun movie. I am totally susceptible to nostalgia bait. I admit.
Then at around 12PM I departed to meet Reina AKA Light Snow Demo and her friend Chan AKA Now You'll Never. We met at Seoul Station and we walked for a bit, it was too busy in that station so we decided to head to Sinchon where the venue they'll be playing at was located.
We went there and Chan (who is an uproariously hilarious guy btw) recommended us a Vietnamese Noodle place so we ate lunch there. Not gonna lie? I didnt like the noodles. But I paid for them as well. I wanted to extend that courtesy.
Then we went to the live venue. There I met Eugene, who I can't remember the real name of! That's who I know him as. He briefly played guitar in my live band for like a few sessions in 2022 or 2023. 2023 I think. He reached out to me back then and I will always thank him for those memories, it was so fun.
Anyway this time he had a whole BAND with him! Xu On is the name. I'll get to them later when we get to the live show but yeah it was cool.
I mostly just sat there talking to Reina and Chan while greeting the other musicians.
Wapddi was there. PARANNOUL was there. And I like, talked to him. I talked to Parannoul. In person.
He was honestly so cute lol I dont know maybe I AM bisexual he was so short and adorable. And seemed very shy. I introduced myself fully expecting him to not recognise me but uh... he did. And he told me he's listened to like every MIDI Bunny album, and especially like the LP. Wow.
i don't even know what to say. It's so surreal. I literally went "WAIT REALLY???" and had him double check me which was probably quite rude.
but yeah I mean, i told him the stuff i've always wanted to tell him. He's the reason I kept going and made music. Etc.
I also introduced myself to Ahn Maru. She is a transgender electronic producer who... also recognised me! She told me she's always loved the cute furry MIDI Bunny characters and respected what I did. I told her I respected HER for being an out transgender woman in the indie scene and that queer artists like her inspire me a lot.
Also apparently she lives in the town right across where I live lol. She said we should hang out sometime.
Ok. The bands.
Light Snow Demo was first. I actually first knew her as Light Satby Dark.... but she changed her alias I think. Anyway she was phenomenal. Incredible singing voice, just amazing songwriting and lyrics... She played a few songs with just acoustic guitar then switched to some backing tracks/drum beats and played guitar to that. I love her a lot.
Uh, I have a huge crush on her I think.
Anyway.
Uh, next was Eeajak. He is an established artist who famously did the production work on Parannoul's After the Magic. He did a Bon Iver style set with just acoustic guitar and an auto-tune pedal. Really awesome soundscape.
Then it was Now You'll Never. Easily the CRAZIEST mother fucker I met today. He did a live sampling plunderphonics set that combined elements of Future Bass, Gugak and Industrial music. It was fucking awesome honestly. I loved it. He's a genius, I'm afraid.
Oh then the next band was Xu On. They opened with a Broken Teeth esque shoegaze number, which set the vibe perfectly. Then the next few songs were very reverby but not quite shoegazy indie ballad numbers that were very emotional in terms of vocals and very well written melodically. Honestly keep the eye out on these guys. Number one band that will blow up out of everyone I saw.
Next band was Navithum who I'm aware is another established artist/band. They did a kinda indie rock/breakcore fusion style thing.... except there was a LIVE DRUMMER playing all the fucking breakbeats. Holy shit. Badass.
After the show we went to get some dinner for the afterparty... At first Eugene wasn't sure if he could bring me along, because he had reserved all the seats for just the bands and their members, but apparently a few people didn't come so me and folks like Ahn Maru tagged along.
It was just fun talking to these guys about music and shit. It was so fun. I can't even contain all of it here.
Then we went to another place... after diner. The after-afterparty. We talked some more. Eeajak is a hilarious person and was way wilder and talkative than I kinda expected him to be from his music.
I'm afraid I kinda came across as a jerk sometimes, I put on this persona when I'm in a group setting with folks like this.
In the end Reina and Chan had to go to their hotel room which their other two friends who came to see them had reserved for them. I honestly low-key tried to see if I can come along, maybe sleep the night with them. I think I might have been a bit horny brained for Reina too. God that's so shitty of me. But they said 4 people was the limit for that room so yeah.
We parted ways, I came home. Oh yeah, I wore pants to Seoul Station but I switched to my denim skirt in there. Then I just switched it back on in front of my front door.
Ok I am deathly tired and I did not capture even half of the things that happened today but that should be all for now.
Oh. Funny thing. Ten Digital Dawn 2 tickets opened up while I checked on the way home on my cab. I got a ticket. The thing is, I had secured a vacation for 9/20, but then when I thought the tickets were sold out, I told the guy I was switching time slots with that I think I need to cancel it. Then now I need to cancel the cancellation which looks a bit shitty of me.
Well, he read my cancellation message but didnt reply so, maybe its ok to revert it? Lol. Anyway that's all for now.